Napo is a fast-growing Insurtech company committed to creating innovative & transparent products to help every pet owner keep their pets happy & healthy! We are in the business of selling peace of mind and want people to know that Napo is a synonym for quality. The pet insurance space has suffered from low quality and misleading products, and we want to ensure that all the Napo products are simple and have your back.
We’ve created a digital-first approach: no letters, no phone calls, no back and forth via email. We want our customers to be able to do whatever they need from our website and app in minutes, whenever it works for them. And if they need some support, they can talk to us over the phone.
The final piece in the puzzle is providing everything people need to take great care of their pets. Whether these are services such as behaviourist consultants, tools such as puppy training apps, or simply content, we aim to give pet owners everything they need to ensure their pet is happy and healthy for as long as possible.
We’re looking for an experienced Head of Claims to come in and lead our outstanding claims division. We have grown very quickly since we launched in December, which has meant our claims function has also had to. There are four main areas of accountability:
- Lead a small but exceptional group of Claims Leads, Senior Claims Assessors & Claims Assessors
- Manage the day to day relationship with our underwriter
- Manage the exceptional growth of the team. This might be a fully insourced solution or potential combining an in-house team with an outsourced solution.
- Work with Product and Engineering to build a world-class claims process
The role initially reports to the CEO and is part of the leadership team at Napo!
Skills we think you need
- The growth aspect of the role is essential. You can build accurate resourcing models to keep up with demand.
- You can lead, mentor, train, and develop a high performing claims team.
- You can use data to make decisions and report on the health of the claims team
Experience that is important to us
- While we don’t require specific Pet Insurance knowledge (we have an excellent claim lead who knows all we’ll ever need to know), we think understanding exceptional claims processes and reporting is essential.
- You have led a growing team of claims assessors for at least three years.
- You have experience managing an outsourced claims solution or have experience with rapid growth.
- You have experience working directly with underwriters and have built strong relationships that have helped improve business performance.
Behaviours (outside our values 🙂 ) to be successful in the role
- You’re innovative, and think about how you can use technology to create an incredible service for our policyholders.
- You care deeply about the development training of people and go the extra mile to make sure everyone has the support and tools to be successful.
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive Growth Shares on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week - we have a friendly office in central London)
- Flexible leave policy (28 days annual holidays + bank holidays), and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- Be candid and authentic.
- We bring our true selves to work - who we wholly are.
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news.
- Trust and care for each other.
- We trust each other to do the right thing.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it.
- We encourage each other; when people struggle, we help them.
- Do the right thing.
- We are fair to our customers, and we care about the well-being of their pets.
- When facing difficult decisions, we put ethics above profits.
- We always act in the best interest of the company.
- We are all owners and optimise for impact.
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on.
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable.
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem; we are collaborative and always jump in to help where needed.