Napo is a fast-growing Insurtech company committed to creating innovative & transparent products to help every pet owner keep their pets happy & healthy! We are in the business of selling peace of mind and want people to know that Napo is a synonym for quality. The pet insurance space has suffered from low quality and misleading products, and we want to ensure that all the Napo products are simple and have your back.
We’ve created a digital-first approach: no letters, no phone calls, no back and forth via email. We want our customers to be able to do whatever they need from our website and app in minutes, whenever it works for them. And if they need some support, they can talk to us over the phone.
The final piece in the puzzle is providing everything people need to take great care of their pets. Whether these are services such as behaviourist consultants, tools such as puppy training apps, or simply content, we aim to give pet owners everything they need to ensure their pet is happy and healthy for as long as possible.
About this role:
This is a unique opportunity to join an exciting, well-funded insur-tech startup as the second product designer on the team.
As someone who is experienced, highly motivated and ambitious, you’ll define, shape and own projects from strategy and ideation to launch.
This is a pivotal role, with opportunities to grow, help set design culture and standards, and mentor a more extensive team over time.
Every day you’ll:
- Design innovative, intuitive and cohesive experiences that our customers love
- Facilitate a lean design process from discovery and ideation to finding product-market fit and growing impact
- Build empathy and immerse yourself in our customers to understand how and why they interact with their pets and our product
- Collaborate with product, engineering, research, marketing, customer champions, data scientists and more to help people take great care of their pets
- Act as an advocate for the best quality of design with both internal and external stakeholders
- Contribute to the Napo design system
You should apply if you:
- Are naturally curious about the relationship owners have with their pets and are driven to create healthier and happier pets and owners
- Have 3+ years of experience delivering extraordinary work as a product designer, UX designer, service designer or similar
- Use data and an inclusive design process to make design decisions
- Have a passion for delivering highly polished UI design across multiple platforms and devices
- Can show the skill and determination to pursue originality whilst finding the right balance between idealism and pragmatism
- Are organised, self-motivated, excited to learn and can work independently
- Can expertly rationalise and articulate your design choices
- Have excellent interpersonal skills and enjoy learning from different perspectives
- Embrace candid feedback and every opportunity to grow
What we offer:
- Competitive salary plus stock options and other benefits.
- Flexible and remote-friendly* work environment (for now remote-only, but we have an office in London that is available).
- The necessary equipment for you to do your best work (Macbook Pro, secondary screen, etc.).
- Flexible working hours and leave policy (28 days annual holidays - including bank holidays)
- Extra day off for your birthday
- Some budget for personal growth and training
- An annual company retreat
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- A lot more great stuff (feel free to ask)!
- Be candid and authentic
- We bring our true self to work - who we wholly are!
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news!
- Trust and care for each other
- We trust each other to do the right thing
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it
- We encourage each other, when people struggle, we help them
- Do the right thing
- We are fair to our customers and we care about the wellbeing of their pets
- When facing difficult decisions we put ethics above profits
- We always act in the best interest of the company
- We are all owners and optimise for impact
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem. We always jump in to help where needed