Napo is a fast-growing Insurtech company committed to creating innovative & transparent products to help every pet owner keep their pets healthy and happy! We are in the business of selling peace of mind and want people to know that Napo is a synonym for quality. The pet insurance space has suffered from low quality and misleading products, and we want to ensure that all the Napo products are simple and have your back.
We’ve created a digital-first approach: no letters, no phone calls, no back and forth via email. We want our customers to be able to do whatever they need from our website and app in minutes, whenever it works for them. And if they need some support, they can talk to us over the phone.
The final piece in the puzzle is providing everything people need to take great care of their pets. Whether these are services such as behaviourist consultants, tools such as puppy training apps, or simply content, we aim to give pet owners everything they need to ensure their pet is happy and healthy for as long as possible.
We’re growing quickly, which is great. However, it comes with certain challenges. One of those challenges is ensuring we have the correct policies, plans and programmes in place to ensure the legal and ethical integrity of the company! You will work closely with the Head of Department in Customer Operations, Marketing, People & Finance to ensure they adhere to the rules and regulations that a company upholds. You will help with planning reports and discussing new rules and regulations with Leadership Team.
Some of your responsibilities to help you understand the role a bit further:
- Supporting and educating Napo team members and partners through documentation & face 2 face training.
- Examining and improving processes to resolve compliance issues fast or prevent them entirely.
- Hosting meetings with employees to address any concerns that they may have about ethical and compliance matters within a department or industry.
- Motivating employees not only to strive to meet compliance standards but also to exceed them for operating efficiency!
- Leading and helping in the design of programmes that improve compliance.
- Ensuring we comply with FCA, GDPR and other relevant regulations to support our growth.
- Own compliance monitoring and recurring compliance reporting.
- Create and draft compliance and other relevant governance policies.
Skills we think you need
- Problem-solving skills and the ability to make critical decisions with little information available.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to analyse and interpret information quickly.
- In-depth understanding of insurance industry standards and regulations.
- A really good understanding of reporting procedures and record-keeping.
- Project management skills and the ability to be methodical and diligent.
Experience that is important to us
- At least three years of experience in financial services, compliance management, legal practice, consultancy and other managerial areas.
- At least 2 years working in the insurance industry.
- You must have proven working experience in the UK conduct regulations, regulatory change management requirements and applicable laws.
- The minimum education requirement is a bachelor’s degree in law, finance, business administration or other related fields.
Behaviours (outside our values 🙂 ) to be successful in the role
- Detail orientation and the ability to pay attention and identify minimal changes in regulations
- Unfortunately, conflict comes with the job! We’re looking for someone who has really good conflict management skills and the ability to dissolve any issues easily.
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive stock options on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week - we have a friendly office in central London)
- Flexible leave policy (25 days annual holidays + bank holidays), and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- Be candid and authentic.
- We bring our true selves to work - who we wholly are.
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news.
- Trust and care for each other.
- We trust each other to do the right thing.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it.
- We encourage each other; when people struggle, we help them.
- Do the right thing.
- We are fair to our customers, and we care about the well-being of their pets.
- When facing difficult decisions, we put ethics above profits.
- We always act in the best interest of the company.
- We are all owners and optimise for impact.
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on.
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable.
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem; we are collaborative and always jump in to help where needed.