Napo is a fast-growing Insurtech company committed to creating innovative & transparent products to help every pet owner keep their pets healthy and happy! We are in the business of selling peace of mind and want people to know that Napo is a synonym for quality. The pet insurance space has suffered from low quality and misleading products, and we want to ensure that all the Napo products are simple and have your back.
We’ve created a digital-first approach: no letters, no phone calls, no back and forth via email. We want our customers to be able to do whatever they need from our website and app in minutes, whenever it works for them. And if they need some support, they can talk to us over the phone.
The final piece in the puzzle is providing everything people need to take great care of their pets. Whether these are services such as behaviourist consultants, tools such as puppy training apps, or simply content, we aim to give pet owners everything they need to ensure their pet is happy and healthy for as long as possible.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to join the product team and help use quantitative data to define our long-term strategy.
You will be deep-diving into market data, customer data and experiment data to inform our product strategy, roadmap and feature development in a very fast-paced environment.
NB: In the medium term, the role will NOT be focused on Deep Learning! So if you're focused here, this won't be the role for you.
What you’ll be doing
- Work across areas of product, operations, exploratory analysis, and data infrastructure to help shape the future of what we build at Napo
- Find and analyse large or small data datasets to extract impactful business insights
- Partner with Product and Engineering teams to solve problems and identify trends and opportunities
- Design and implement dashboards and reports that track key business metrics and provide actionable insights
- Inform, influence, support, and execute our product decisions and product launches by effectively communicating results to cross functional groups
Experience that is important to us
- Master's degree in Statistics, Statistical Practice, Mathematics, Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent
- Experience with:
- Classification and clustering techniques
- ETL (Extract, Transform, Load) processes
- Relational database (SQL)
- Developing in scripting languages including Python and R
- Quantitative analysis techniques including clustering, regression, pattern recognition, and descriptive and inferential statistics
- Communicating and presenting results of data analysis
- Building and maintaining dashboards for business reporting
Behaviours (outside our values 🙂 ) to be successful in the role
- You must be customer centric and passionate about identifying opportunities to make the product better
- You must be pragmatic and able to use multiple data sources to develop insights
- You are business-centric and want to move the needle on the direction of the company
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive equity on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week - we have a friendly office in central London)
- Flexible leave policy (25 days annual holidays + bank holidays), and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- Be candid and authentic
- We bring our true self to work - who we wholly are!
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news!
- Trust and care for each other
- We trust each other to do the right thing
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it
- We encourage each other, when people struggle, we help them
- Do the right thing
- We are fair to our customers and we care about the wellbeing of their pets
- When facing difficult decisions we put ethics above profits
- We always act in the best interest of the company
- We are all owners and optimise for impact
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on
- We take responsibility and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem, we always jump in to help where needed