Napo is a fast-growing Insurtech company committed to creating innovative & transparent products to help every pet owner keep their pets healthy and happy! We are in the business of selling peace of mind and want people to know that Napo is a synonym for quality. The pet insurance space has suffered from low quality and misleading products, and we want to ensure that all the Napo products are simple and have your back.
We’ve created a digital-first approach: no letters, no phone calls, no back and forth via email. We want our customers to be able to do whatever they need from our website and app in minutes, whenever it works for them. And if they need some support, they can talk to us over the phone.
The final piece in the puzzle is providing everything people need to take great care of their pets. Whether these are services such as behaviourist consultants, tools such as puppy training apps, or simply content, we aim to give pet owners everything they need to ensure their pet is happy and healthy for as long as possible.
Joining our expanding engineering team, you’ll directly work on features that better our members’ experiences of engaging with their pet insurance across web and app while supporting the wider engineering team to define best practises in backend engineering going forwards.
Skills we think you need
- You have more than 5 years of commercial experience building large customer-facing applications, ideally using Python.
- Have experience with building micoservices.
- Use infrastructure as code with AWS, Google or a similar cloud provider - we use GCP.
- Test first rather than test last.
Experience that is important to us
- You’re familiar with the notion of deploying quickly and often, with different layers of testing and rolling features out gradually - using modern deployment pipelines to do so.
- You work well in a team, as well as independently, and have a willingness to learn and grow.
- You understand why good pre implementation design is important before diving into code.
- Bonus points: you have experience of transitioning from a monolith to microservices, and can guide the team on this path.
Behaviours (outside our values 🙂 ) to be successful in the role
- You excel at taking ownership of projects, small or large, working in multidisciplinary teams on impactful work.
- You’re able to adapt and learn quickly. We’re still an early startup and as such we are still finding the best processes that suit us. Things might change!
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive equity on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week - we have a friendly office in central London)
- Flexible leave policy (25 days annual holidays + bank holidays) and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- Be candid and authentic.
- We bring our true selves to work - who we wholly are.
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news.
- Trust and care for each other.
- We trust each other to do the right thing.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it.
- We encourage each other; when people struggle, we help them.
- Do the right thing.
- We are fair to our customers, and we care about the well-being of their pets.
- When facing difficult decisions, we put ethics above profits.
- We always act in the best interest of the company.
- We are all owners and optimise for impact.
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on.
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable.
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem; we are collaborative and always jump in to help where needed.