Senior React Native Engineer
Napo is a fast-growing Insurtech company committed to creating innovative & transparent products to help every pet owner keep their pets healthy and happy! We are in the business of selling peace of mind and want people to know that Napo is a synonym for quality. The pet insurance space has suffered from low quality and misleading products, and we want to ensure that all the Napo products are simple and have your back.
We’ve created a digital-first approach: no letters, no phone calls, no back and forth via email. We want our customers to be able to do whatever they need from our website and app in minutes, whenever it works for them. And if they need some support, they can talk to us over the phone.
The final piece in the puzzle is providing everything people need to take great care of their pets. Whether these are services such as behaviourist consultants, tools such as puppy training apps, or simply content, we aim to give pet owners everything they need to ensure their pet is happy and healthy for as long as possible.
We have solid funding, are already 55 employees at the service of over 45,000 customers and we're growing – fast!
You’ll join the Training, Socialisation and Prevention squad which is focussed on creating great products and services which we provide to our members alongside our core insurance offering. Over the last few months, the squad have released features such as Puppy Academy and more recently we’ve turned our focus to our adolescent dog segment where we are releasing an on-demand experience where owners can learn at a pace that suits them.
We now want to expand the offering further, by providing a native app that allows members more ready access to the products we are working on. You’ll lead the creation of this app from the ground up using React Native and other technologies while creating the infrastructure to allow experienced React engineers to contribute to the continued development of the app.
You’ll also work alongside our team of backend engineers to define and implement API contracts required for delivering a great app experience and will define the testing approach for the mobile app.
Skills we think you need
- Expert in React Native - you’ve used React Native commercially to build iOS and Android apps.
- Experience in using Expo or similar tooling for app delivery to Apple’s App Store and Google Play.
- You have the ability to build end-to-end customer-centric mobile experiences.
- You know how to stay on top of the latest trends and can test new practices and approaches quickly.
Experience that is important to us
- You've successfully launched mobile apps from the ground up, scaling them to accommodate a substantial user base.
- As well as React Native, you’ll have worked with React and understand the framework and its modern concepts.
- You’re familiar with the notion of deploying quickly and often, testing in production and rolling features out gradually using experimentation and continuous delivery platforms to do so.
- You’ve worked on developing products for consumers, and iterated quickly until these products created real value.
- You work well in a team, as well as independently, and have a willingness to learn and grow.
Behaviours (outside our values 🙂 ) to be successful in the role
- You excel at taking ownership of projects, small or large, and working in multidisciplinary teams on impactful work.
- You’re pragmatic in your engineering decisions and know when to solidify vs hack.
- You’re able to adapt and learn quickly. We’re still an early startup and as such we are still finding the best processes that suit us. Things might change!
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive stock options on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week - we have a friendly office in Chelsea, West London)
- Flexible leave policy (25 days annual holidays + bank holidays) and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- Be candid and authentic.
- We bring our true selves to work - who we wholly are.
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news.
- Trust and care for each other.
- We trust each other to do the right thing.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it.
- We encourage each other; when people struggle, we help them.
- Do the right thing.
- We are fair to our customers, and we care about the well-being of their pets.
- When facing difficult decisions, we put ethics above profits.
- We always act in the best interest of the company.
- We are all owners and optimise for impact.
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on.
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable.
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem; we are collaborative and always jump in to help where needed.
- Remote status
- Hybrid Remote
- Yearly salary
- £75,000 - £100,000
- Employment type
Senior React Native Engineer
Loading application form
Already working at Napo?
Let’s recruit together and find your next colleague.