Napo is an exciting and rapidly expanding Insurtech company dedicated to revolutionizing the pet insurance industry. Our mission is to create innovative and transparent products that ensure every pet parent can keep their furry friends happy and healthy! We are here to provide peace of mind and want people to recognize Napo as a synonym for quality. In a market plagued by low-quality and misleading products, we are committed to offering simple and reliable comprehensive solutions that have your back.
At Napo, we have embraced a digital-first approach, eliminating the hassle of traditional communication methods. No more letters, phone calls, or endless back-and-forth emails. We believe in empowering our customers to handle everything they need directly through our user-friendly website and app in just a matter of minutes. And if they ever need assistance, our friendly team is just a phone call (back) away.
But that's not all - we go beyond insurance coverage by providing pet parents with everything they need to ensure their beloved companions lead happy and healthy lives. From expert behaviourist consultants to handy puppy training apps and valuable content, we strive to equip pet parents with all the tools and resources required for their pet's well-being.
The Role & Responsibilities:
We want to revolutionise how insurers help pet parents when their pet is unwell: with ultra-fast claims and 6-star emotional support. As the leader of our growing Customer Operations team, you’ll drive the heart and soul of Napo. You’ll push us to innovate and find new ways to support our members working with the Tech and Product teams to implement exciting advancements in AI & ML. You will also look to increase our standards and efficiency in areas where AI and automation can’t touch yet. While we’re rapidly doubling in size in the UK market, we have exciting plans to expand internationally within the next 12-18 months.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Create outstanding performance: you’ll grow our customer operations managers into strategic powerhouses who can lead their teams towards high performance.
- Drive and measure success: you’ll set key metrics, lead analytics, and drive team strategies based on data insights.
- Execute large complex projects: you’ll make big changes happen in collaboration with Product, Pricing, Engineering, and more.
- You have a track record of working in fast-paced and exceptional customer service teams from companies such as Monzo, Starling, Revolut, Apple, Meta, Octopus Energy etc.
- You have managed managers, improved processes and driven some serious efficiency and quality gains over the past 5 years or more.
- You have a track record of driving complex projects to deliver exceptional customer service.
- Familiarity with pet insurance or the broader insurance industry is a plus.
- Leadership and team management: Demonstrate proven experience in leading and developing teams, providing guidance, coaching, and mentoring to achieve team objectives.
- Customer-centric mindset: Deeply understand customer needs and have a genuine passion for delivering exceptional customer experiences and driving customer satisfaction.
- Communication and interpersonal skills: Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to engage effectively and build strong relationships with customers and internal stakeholders.
- Analytical mindset: Utilize strong analytical and problem-solving skills to interpret customer data, identify trends, and implement strategies for improvement.
- Process orientation: Show the ability to design and optimize customer success processes, ensuring efficient workflows and adherence to quality standards.
- Adaptability and resilience: Thrive in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, comfortably adapting to changing priorities and handling challenging situations.
- Growth mindset: with a strong hands-on attitude and the ability to adapt to a fast and volatile environment.
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive stock options on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week - we have a friendly office in central London)
- Flexible leave policy (25 days annual holidays + bank holidays) and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
- Be candid and authentic.
- We bring our true selves to work - who we wholly are.
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news.
- Trust and care for each other.
- We trust each other to do the right thing.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it.
- We encourage each other; when people struggle, we help them.
- Do the right thing.
- We are fair to our customers, and we care about the well-being of their pets.
- When facing difficult decisions, we put ethics above profits.
- We always act in the best interest of the company.
- We are all owners and optimise for impact.
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on.
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable.
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem; we are collaborative and always jump in to help where needed.