We are a young insurtech company dedicated to building ambitious, innovative products that help millions be responsible and fulfilled pet parents. Pet insurance is seen by many as a boring but necessary expense, a safety net against unexpected vet bills. We’re changing that perception. How? By being about more than just insurance and creating memorable experiences our members love and keep coming back to.
It’s not just about our award-winning insurance products. We offer training, access to vets and behaviourists and all the guidance pet parents need, every step of the way.
At Napo, we’ve created the environment, culture and support to give everyone a platform to do the best work of their careers.
We're looking for a highly skilled, ambitious brand designer to take our branding and communications to the next level. Imagine being the visionary behind the next iconic brand. You must combine creativity with purpose, breathing life and passion into our vision for Napo.
- Obsess over our brand to make it into a world-class representation of who we are that our customers love and fully differentiates us from others in the market
- Collaborate with design, insights, data and more to explore and push the boundaries of how we communicate our mission, values, proposition and devotion to pets!
- Establish and guard our visual and verbal identity, systematically providing expertise and guidance when required
- Work closely with the product team to ensure consistent and optimal brand representation in the experiences we create
- Create amazing brand assets for all touchpoints that illicit an emotional response and foster trust and recognition from customers and stakeholders alike
- Team up with and mentor our junior brand designer to grow and reach their potential
Skills we think you need
- A strong grasp of design principles such as composition, typography, colour theory, rules of proximity, balance, proportion, hierarchy
- Expert ability to translate brand essence, values and objectives into a visual and emotional design language
- A love of storytelling, an attention to detail passion for crafting and conveying a narrative through visuals and brand assets
- An open, collaborative mindset and confidence to articulate design choices and receive feedback
- To think and act strategically, consider brand as an experience and be driven to solve customer problems
Experience that is important to us
- Start-up experience highly beneficial
- Projects whereby you’ve worked closely with stakeholders to develop a brand an advantage
- Some experience mentoring junior designers desirable
- Being a cat or dog owner or lover essential!
Behaviours (outside our values 🙂 ) to be successful in the role
- Be proactive – identify what needs to be done and run with it
- Be curious – show willingness to explore, learn and experiment
- Take ownership – be responsible for projects from start to finish and own mistakes and improvement
- Be excited – immerse yourself in our mission and fully play your part through design to help us achieve it
What we offer:
- Everyone is an owner at Napo; you will receive stock options on day 1
- Flexible and remote-friendly work environment (for now, we would ideally love to have people in the office two days per week - we have a friendly office in central London)
- Flexible leave policy (25 days annual holidays + bank holidays), and we think you should get your birthday as a holiday.
- Budget for personal growth and training
- Some of our benefits:
- BUPA health insurance
- Pension scheme
- Unlimited GP video consultation (free Babylon Health membership)
Be candid and authentic.
- We bring our true selves to work - who we wholly are.
- We are transparent and are not afraid to share information with each other - good and bad news.
Trust and care for each other.
- We trust each other to do the right thing.
- We are not afraid to make mistakes, and we ask for help when we need it.
- We encourage each other; when people struggle, we help them.
Do the right thing.
- We are fair to our customers, and we care about the well-being of their pets.
- When facing difficult decisions, we put ethics above profits.
- We always act in the best interest of the company.
We are all owners and optimise for impact.
- We are always looking for the most impactful thing to work on.
- We take responsibility, and we’re problem solvers - hold yourself and others accountable.
- Nothing is somebody else’s problem; we are collaborative and always jump in to help where needed.